Sunday 24 February 2013

Who is Chris Davey and why should I listen to him?

I was a typical active kid in high school playing representative basketball.  When I stopped playing my activity level dropped dramatically however I did not change my eating habits.  By the time I was 24 I had ballooned out to 95kg(210lbs).  At 5'8" and with minimal muscle mass, it wasn't pretty.  For the previous few years I had done the typical New Year's resolution thing and given up by the end of January.

This time I didn't make a resolution but I made a goal.  The difference was that it had a deadline and was measurable.  I broke that up into smaller goals and devised a plan to achieve it.  In 6 months, I had dropped to 70kg(154lbs) however during this time I also lost a lot of muscle mass.  

Over the following years, I have experimented with various nutritional philosophies and types of exercise.  Over this time, I have put on considerable muscle mass and have become stronger and fitter than ever before.  I am all about challenging myself and making continuous improvement.  

In 2012, I decided to quit my job as an accountant to follow my passion of working in the nutrition and fitness industry.  I am a certified level 1 nutritional consultant with Precision Nutrition (http://www.precisionnutrition.com/directory#australia), level 2 accredited kettlebell instructor with Australian Kettlebell Club, level 1 accredited Australian Strength & Conditioning instructor and have completed my Certificate 3 & 4 in Fitness.  Of course, these are all just pieces of paper and the majority of my knowledge has comes from my own self experimentation and external research from people like Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald & Bret Contreras.  (It's ok, if you don't know these people)  I am constantly keeping up with the latest research in the nutrition and fitness industry as it is ever evolving.

Now, my training varies quite a bit.  I compete in powerlifting, train in mma for fun (love jui-jitsu!) quite often hang off bars and play around.  As well as this, I love to get out and about and explore.  Climbing mountains is a favourite pastime of mine. 

That's me on the right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment